Equestrian Yoga (for adults)
Please note this class is now full, participatents can be added to a waitlist.
In this pilot class, Jodi combines her passion for riding and yoga, by offering a Equestrian Yoga practice; a dynamic Hatha inspired Yoga practice that addresses the specific postures and movements of the horseback rider’s body. It focuses on balance, flexibility, core strength, lower back, shoulders, and hips and addresses mental and emotional blockage in the body.
Horses pick up on the emotional environment, including our own energy and are a true mirror of our emotional state. When our energy centers are balanced in harmony, horses and humans lead a healthier lives.
Join Jodi and learn how you can use your breath as an aid to stay in sync with your horse even when fear and nerves arise during a ride, or during your busy life.
Benefits of Equestrian Yoga
The yoga poses practiced, on and off the horse, will help you
- Develop a deeper seat and lower your center of gravity by opening up your hips and building a stronger core
- Open up your shoulders so your arms can move more freely with the reins
- Improve your balance, being able to put more equal weight into your sit bones and stirrups
- Stay connected in the saddle while looking at that next jump or that cow you are working with
- Use your body, mind, and breath, to build that deep connection and relationship with your equine partner
- Improve your mental and emotional health by bringing compassion and acceptance of your place in the universe
Be the student – let the horse be your teacher!
Incorporate Equestrian Yoga into your regular training, or make it a special event (family gathering, bachelorette parties, etc.) by adding a trail ride, wine and snacks after the practice. (More to come!)
$40 per person
Equestrian Yoga is suitable for all levels. Limited class size, 5 student max, you must sign up to reserve your spot, cash payment due on arrival.